Change Your Life

"I have been told that an adventure is part of a human's living spirit - the thrill comes from new experiences, encounters with different faces. I have finally conquered my thirst for adventure by coming to an exciting new place rich in culture. I now understand what students mean when they say studying abroad will change your life."
~Danielle Pramick

Monday, April 14, 2008

This time last year...

In April of last year, I was just returning to Brussels from my three-week long spring break travels. To start off, I spent a week in Geneva, Switzerland for the Harvard World Model United Nations Conference with some local students at my college. We were there as delegates, but we had a lot of fun exploring the city when we weren't in committee. There were eleven of us.. We stayed in a twelve-person hostel room, where we all got really close. It was definitely a bonding experience. After Geneva, we headed back to Brussels to regroup, and then my roommate and I spent nine days traveling to Budapest, Prague, and Vienna. It was the trip of a lifetime!



Le printemps en Genève (Spring in Geneva)




View from Várhegy (Castle Hill) in Budapest, Hungary


We were very tired by the end of our trip, but it was worth it. We met lots of different people.. other American college students, a British guy our age who was spending some time traveling after university, a lady in her sixties who always wanted to see Vienna... just to name a few. I can't wait to go back to Europe and travel to all the places I didn't make it to while abroad.

Posted by: Jen, Brussels, Spring 2007

No comments:

Post a Comment