Change Your Life

"I have been told that an adventure is part of a human's living spirit - the thrill comes from new experiences, encounters with different faces. I have finally conquered my thirst for adventure by coming to an exciting new place rich in culture. I now understand what students mean when they say studying abroad will change your life."
~Danielle Pramick

Friday, March 21, 2008

Amazing Pictures Follow....


It seems that a lot of the peer advisers have recently gone on spring break. Their stories and pictures are amazing. I wish I could have gone with them! However, not to toot my own horn, but, I must say that no one had a more outrageously awesome spring break than I did. Did I go to the pyramids of Egypt?


Did I see the Statue of Liberty in New York City?


Did I see the Eiffel Tower in Paris?


Yes. Yes. Yes. Now, before you start thinking I have my own plane that takes me around the world, let me tell you where I actually went. Las Vegas. Even though "technically" the pyramid is fake, the Statue of Liberty is fake, and the Eiffel Tower is a fake 1/2 size model of the original, they are all surprisingly realistic. I went to Las Vegas as a little kid with my family when I was only seven years old, and after turning 21 this year, I knew what my spring break destination would be. I was lucky enough to travel with my older sister, which made my experience even more unforgettable. Vegas is the ultimate playground for adults. The energy was so high, the lights were so shiny, some of the hotels were so... tacky, but that is what gives Las Vegas its charm. The weather was wonderful, it was in the high 70s every day, the food was great, I wish I had stayed there longer! On our last night, we saw "Mystere" a Cirque du Soleil show at Treasure Island and that was amazing too. All in all, I even won $100 playing blackjack, so I probably did better than most people when it comes time to leave Vegas. I had a 5-Star time and I can't wait to go back sometime in the near future. So... if you want to see Egypt, Paris, and New York all in one trip, the choice is easy. (They also have indoor and outdoor gondola canals at the Venetian if anyone wants to get a little Italian culture as well.) You know what they say, "What goes on in Vegas, stays in Vegas."

Posted by Matt: University of New South Wales: Sydney, Australia Fall 2007

No comments:

Post a Comment