Change Your Life

"I have been told that an adventure is part of a human's living spirit - the thrill comes from new experiences, encounters with different faces. I have finally conquered my thirst for adventure by coming to an exciting new place rich in culture. I now understand what students mean when they say studying abroad will change your life."
~Danielle Pramick

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Thanksgiving in Denmark

Since I am from a very close-knit family, Thanksgiving with out them seemed fairly daunting so I tried to plan ahead to make sure I had a plan for the day so I wouldn't miss my family too much. Turns out I didn't really have to plan much. My friend Hannah's mom planned her trip to visit Hannah for the Thanksgiving Holiday. With her she brought an approximately 50 LB bag full of all the Thanksgiving feast necessities, mostly canned goods of course. She planned it out meticulously, they reserved the Turkey and whatever else that she had to get while in Denmark and about 15 of us (Americans and non-americans) had a regular old Thanksgiving day feast.

It wasn't quite home, but it was close enough.

Also that day, Copenhagen had their annual Christmas tree lighting down town which was one of the most beautiful, festive things I have ever seen.

Posted by Colleen, Copenhagen, Denmark, Fall 2006

No comments:

Post a Comment