Change Your Life

"I have been told that an adventure is part of a human's living spirit - the thrill comes from new experiences, encounters with different faces. I have finally conquered my thirst for adventure by coming to an exciting new place rich in culture. I now understand what students mean when they say studying abroad will change your life."
~Danielle Pramick

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Thanksgiving in France

My thanksgiving was very different when I was in France, but really exciting at the same time because my family came to visit me then (because they had time off for school) So we had a mock thanksgiving dinner with my host family. We did not however, make traditional thanksgiving food (which I think would have been fun, but my host mom was not really feeling thanksgiving dinner) She likes to cook, so she decided she wanted to make a traditional French dinner so that my family could experience it, in place of the same thanksgiving meal we have every year, which was kind of neat. Anyways, I got to spend Thanksgiving with my French family AND my real family which was really cool. Also, my mom's birthday was on Thanksgiving, and my host mom and I acutally baked her a French cake (which was delicious) so it was neat that they got to share in that experience with my family as well.

As for my friends, The University of Minnesota make a traditional Thanksgiving dinner for all the students at a local restaurant that was all paid for, which was really cool. They had turkey, stuffing, gravy, the works so that no one had to spend Thanksgiving alone!

Posted by Jillian, Montpellier, France, Fall 2006

No comments:

Post a Comment