Change Your Life

"I have been told that an adventure is part of a human's living spirit - the thrill comes from new experiences, encounters with different faces. I have finally conquered my thirst for adventure by coming to an exciting new place rich in culture. I now understand what students mean when they say studying abroad will change your life."
~Danielle Pramick

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Todo bom

While studying in Salvador, Brazil, my favorite hangout was a place called Mercado do Peixe; or in English, the Fish Market. It is a very cheap outdoor collection of bars and restaurants that fills a parking lot with plastic tables and chairs. It sits next to the beach, and when cars aren't blasting Brazilian music from their stereos, you can hear the waves crashing against the rocks that separate the market from the sand. Almost every night ended at the Fish Market, and because of our constant presence, our group of American students and Brazilian locals became close with our favorite waiter, DC. When I think back about Brazil, I always wind up reminiscing about the Fish Market, and all the great memories that were made there.

No comments:

Post a Comment