Change Your Life

"I have been told that an adventure is part of a human's living spirit - the thrill comes from new experiences, encounters with different faces. I have finally conquered my thirst for adventure by coming to an exciting new place rich in culture. I now understand what students mean when they say studying abroad will change your life."
~Danielle Pramick

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Los Simpson



In Buenos Aires, Los Simpson are everywhere. Posters, t-shirts, magnets, notebooks. My host mom's grandsons loved watching the show when they would come over to her house after school and it was really interesting to hear the show in another language. Since I was used to hearing Homer and Bart's English voices, it was strange to hear their banter in Spanish for the first time. Honestly, as much as I love the language, the Spanish voices were kind of high pitched and obnoxious and not Simpson-esque.

Posted by: Jamie, Buenos Aires, Spring 2007

No comments:

Post a Comment