Change Your Life

"I have been told that an adventure is part of a human's living spirit - the thrill comes from new experiences, encounters with different faces. I have finally conquered my thirst for adventure by coming to an exciting new place rich in culture. I now understand what students mean when they say studying abroad will change your life."
~Danielle Pramick

Sunday, January 27, 2008

Sydney- I LOVE this city!


It's a little over two months since I was in Sydney and I am definitely missing it.  Sydney had so many amazing things that Penn State doesn't have, I am finding it is the small things that I am missing most.  After a night out with friends I always took time to walk barefoot across the beach back to my apartment.  I miss people telling me that I'm Canadian, or, at least that I have a "very strong Canadian accent" which I always gave me a good laugh.  I also miss trivia night.  Every Wednesday, my friends and I visited the Randwick Rugby Club for weekly trivia.  The first week we were there, it was a little funny that we were the only team under the age of forty.  We were loud, we laughed, we asked all the teams next to us for help when there was some question about Australian history that we were clueless about.  Before I knew it, our team became a regular fixture of trivia night and the host always came over to us as soon as we entered.  He helped get tables for us to push together or extra chairs.  I truly felt like a local and no longer an international student.  The host and the other teams always looked forward to our team name of the week, with my personal favorite being "Hillary Clinton '08"  (As if they couldn't tell that we were Americans before that, haha.)  Now back at Penn State, I have to say, that is one of the things I miss most.  Wednesday night trivia at the Randwick Rugby Club.  Our team even won a few times, but it was the time spent together with my friends that was truly the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment